First, the camera was a FujiFinepix S2 Pro with a Nikon 60mm macro lens. Lighting was provided by a Dynalite M1000 pack fitted with a single lamp head bounced into an umbrella. The light was placed slightly to the right of the camera position and about two feet above. Exposure was f/11 @ 1/60th of a second.
Second, in order to achieve the “color & black/white” effect, follow these steps in Photoshop CS4
- Select the image you want
- Select the magnetic lasso tool
- Start a point on the figure you wish to mask
- Draw the mask
- Select “inverse” to keep the color information within the mask
- Choose “saturation” from the color drop down menu
- Slide the bars until “0” registers
- Click “Ok”
There are of course, different ways to achieve this effect, but I guess this is the easiest for me.